Hullo! I’m Laura, the Platypus here at Reason to Laugh.
If you want to know about the blog, the best place to go is the very first blog post: From the Primordial Goo of the Internet…
If you want to know about me (how could you not??), here are some stats and facts about me.
- I am a Christian. ………Whoa – there go about half the people reading this! That was fast.
- I’m a wife and mom. Don’t worry, I won’t tell you to clean your room or eat your vegetables.
- I’m a writer. Well, duh!
- I’m a nerd, of the entertainment variety. I belong to the following fandoms: Doctor Who, LOTR, Sherlock, Harry Potter and The Office. I’ve been out of the gaming scene for a while, but there is a special place in my heart for Zelda: Ocarina of Time, any/all Mario Bros, Oblivion, various Rayman, Psychonauts, and a handful of others.
- I’m a nerd, of the philosophical variety. It’s what I spent most of my time studying in college, because it was fun AND USEFUL! If anyone says philosophy is a useless subject matter, you are welcome to leave this blog now or we will debate it out and I will destroy you. ….Oh, you think philosophy is fascinating and the driving force of culture? Welcome friend, and enter! (That’s right, my nerd lives just collided. I know you’re impressed.)
- I’m an artist. ….that doesn’t sound pretentious.
- I love people.
- I love making people laugh. For me and for them.
- I love getting real with people. For me and for them.
- This list is starting to sound full of itself.
- This list is over.
Really, if you want to know about something the best thing you can do is dig into it. So, get to readin’!